Oh So Delicious Oatmeal!
Prep time: about 10 minutes
1 c. water
½ c. rolled oats
dash of salt
¼ c. applesauce
pinch of cinnamon
2 tsp. brown sugar
measuring cups and spoons
stove (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
1. Pour the water, oats, and salt into a medium-size pot on the stovetop.
2. Heat the mixture until it boils, then turn the heat to low.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the applesauce and cinnamon.
4. Cook on low heat and continue to stir the mixture for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
6. Allow the oatmeal to cool for a minute before digging in.
Serving size: 1 bowl
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
13 g protein
6 g fat
74 g carbohydrate
9 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
302 mg sodium
64 mg calcium
4.3 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.