Stop Germs! Stay Healthy! Wash Your Hands!
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal or animal waste
- After touching garbage
- Wet hands with clean, running water and apply soap.
- Rub hands together to make a lather. Scrub the backs of hands, between fingers, and under nails.
- Continue scrubbing for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse hands well under running water.
- Dry hands